Here is what Heather says about the collections:
Regardless of where you stand politically, we must always remember that these
brave people and their families are the ones defending our country and keeping
us safe from foreign and domestic threats as well as all of the other
responsibilities they have to endure! I can't imagine putting my entire
life on hold as these heroes do, and so, on behalf of my husband and I,
would like to let you know just how amazing I think you are!!
I really like that. Sometimes people get all crazy about whether there should be a war or not, and they really do forget that there are REAL PEOPLE out there getting shot at to protect us. Even if there never should have been a war in the first place, there was and now families every where are effected by it.
BRAVE MILITARY WIFE: crystal pearl twinkle with a tiny diamond sparkles
STAR SPANGLED SALUTE: Sheer silver pearl with a subtle blue twinkleAPPLAUDING OUR MILITARY MOMS: sheer iridesccent rose bisque with a hint of coral light
THANKS TO YOU!: iridescent copper mauve shimmer with hints of purple and gold twinkle
FEMALE SOLDIERS STANDING TALL: smoky raisin shimmer with a charcoal cast and iridescent twinkleDEFENDERS OF OUR FREEDOM: Smoky wine shimmer with a bit of raisinPROUD AND PATRIOTIC: shimmering metallic navy with layers of multi-colored twinkling starsWORLD CLASS HEROES: soft charcoal shimmer with a bit of iridescent light
I'll probably get samples of these, but nothings really jumping out at me. That can all change once I see them though!
Will you be getting anything from the Tribute to our Troops collection??
Create a New Blog Post, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your title as "Getting to Know Each Other!", then tagged as many people as you like :)
1. What time did you get up this morning? 8:00 AM
2. How do you like your steak? well done
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? My Bloody Valentine 3D (unfortunately!)
4. What is your favorite TV show? ...I'm so embarassed about it, but probably Charm School or any of the other horrible train-wreck-y reality "celebrity" shows on VH1
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? I'm hoping Arizona!
6. What did you have for breakfast? BK crossanwich! yum!
7. What is your favorite cuisine? Mexican! I could eat it everyday.
8. What foods do you dislike? Mushrooms. I refuse to eat them!
9. Favorite place to eat? This little hole-in-the-wall mexican place by my house called El Jalapeno...or Taco Bell
10. Favorite dressing? Ranch (I'm from Ohio, we love ranch here)
11. What kind of vehicle do you drive? Dodge Neon
12. What are your favorite clothes? Lazy maxi dresses and flip flops
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? San Diego Zoo
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? I would like to say 1/2 full, but probably 1/2 empty
15. Where would you want to retire? Arizona
16. Favorite time of day? Late at night
17. Where were you born? Cleveland, OH
18. What is your favorite sport to watch? Minor League Baseball...I get all rowdy and loud! (this doesn't actually happen that often though)
19. Who do you think will not tag you back? Well, I'm blogging so I doubt anyone will. This is just for fun, survey, don't be an asshole.
20. Person you expect to tag you back first? What did I just say, survey!?!
21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this? Pretty much all my readers and fellow bloggettes-I love getting to know everyone!
22. Bird watcher? Sorry, not sure about this question, but not really an actual "bird watcher"
23. Are you a morning person or a night person? Night
24. Do you have any pets? 2 guinea pigs
25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? ...Not yet!!!
26. What did you want to be when you were little? A teacher
27. What is your best childhood memory? Probably anything involving our dog Coty! She was the best, just like a family member
28. Are you a cat or dog person? Dog
29. Are you married? Yes :o)
30. Always wear your seat belt? Oddly, always when I'm driving and most of the time as a passenger (I forget!)
31. Been in a car accident? Yeah, a few. Some of which were not my fault *cough* mybrotherdroveintoapolegoing40milesanhour *cough* ;o)
32. Any pet peeves? Lots! Well, mostly old people driving. It gets me crazy.
33. Favorite Pizza Toppings? Pepperoni
34. Favorite Flower? Orchids
35. Favorite ice cream? Vanilla
36. Favorite fast food restaurant? BK for breakfast and Taco Bell for ALL THE TIME. Mmm.
37. How many times did you fail your driver's test? Once. It was the manueverability! In a big car!
38. From whom did you get your last email? Glamour Girl
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Walmart, probably. Buy a new TV!
40. Do anything spontaneous lately? Uh, well decided to watch a dog in my dog-free apartment and didn't tell my husband til the last minute...probably doesn't count though!
41. Like your job? My job as a student and housewifery? Awesome.
42. Broccoli? Only if smothered in butter or cheese!
43. What was your favorite vacation? My honeymoon of course!
44. Last person you went out to dinner with? My brother and his fiance (it was lunch but it counts)
45. What are you listening to right now? Ellen, Vanessa Hudgens is being a bitch to her. Ellen's getting mad.
46. What is your favorite color? Purple
47. How many tattoos do you have? 11
48. How many are you tagging for this quiz? All my readers!
49. What time did you finish this quiz? 4:41 pm
50. Coffee drinker? Sometimes...Used to be more when I worked full time at the bank!
Rock & Republic Cosmetics are on sale at Gilt Groupe. Not my cup of tea, but cheaper than normal!
Enter lsliter (at) live (dot) com to sign up!
Do you have a Holy Grail Mascara? What is it? If not, what's your "favorite for right now"?
Of course, I don't have a Holy Grail. Right now I'm using Covergirl Lash Blast...Long story short- it makes my lashes black (and not blond!) and thats all I really care for. I'll use it until it's gone and then buy something else! Hopefully you girls will give me some ideas!
Freakin' adorable picture is from http://www.flickr.com/people/charlieandlindsey/ (and, PS, thats a boy!! How unfair!!)
I'm not really tagging anyone since it seems like everyone has already done this!
Labels: getting to know me
So here's my (albeit cheaper) version of Too Faced Natural Eye Neutral Collection...
**For reference, .07 ounces (the large size shadows) are equal to about 2 grams (a little smaller than a full size pigment shadow). The little shadows are 0.03 ounces, equivalent to 0.85 of a gram (a little less than a normal sample). So I will be using the prices for regular shadows for the larges and samples for the small ones.
Too Faced Natural Eye Neutral Collection Total= $32
-0.07 oz Heaven-matte ivory
-0.03 oz Velvet Revolver- matte taupe
-0.03 oz Sexspresso- matte deep brown
-0.07 oz Silk teddy- peach champagne shimmer
-0.03 oz Push Up- light bronze shimmer
-0.03 oz Erotica- soft charcoal shimmer
-0.07 oz Nude Beach- champagne shimmer with gold glitter
-0.03 oz Honey Pot- gold shimmer
-0.03 oz Cocoa Puff- warm chocolate brown shimmer
-Double sided brush sponge wand
My Natural Eye Neutral Collection Total=$26.05
-3 gram The She Space Crisp White Shirt- snow white matte $4.50
-1 gram sample Aromaleigh Carolina Summer Mattes in Slate- classic taupe, the marriage of beige and gray $1.00
-1 gram sample Aromaleigh Carolina Summer Mattes in Willow- deep yellowish/greenish brown $1.00
-3 gram Fyrinnae kurisumasu! Loose shadow- satiny rose beige shade with flashes of golden sparkle $5.25
-1 gram sample Aromaleigh Elemental Lustre in Spark- sweetly shimmering honeyed mocha $1.00
-1 gram sample Fyrinnae Ashes- medium grey with a brown tone and slight sheen $1.75
-3 gram The She Space Touched by Truth- Twinkling Golden Taupe $4.50
-1 gram sample The She Space Shot the Messenger- antiqued gold shimmer with a hint of pink $0.50
-1 gram sample Aromaleigh Pure Eyes Frost in Hazelnut- medium deep warm reddish brown $1.00
-Aromaleigh Small All-Over (Eye) Brown Faux Luxurious Taklon Brush $5.55
**Note- the colors in the Too Faced picture are slightly lighter than they actually are. I looked forever and still couldn't find a good pic of the palette!
- Fifteen percent off on ALL full size items for one full year from the date of your enrollment (includes everything but samples)
- FREE SHIPPING for one full year
- FREE Surprise SAMPLES WITH EVERY ORDER (yay!)
- Password access to our new Savvy Shoppers page with previews of all new products and collections (love this!)
- Access to special products only available in our bricks and mortar Naperville Illinois shop
But, being a newly unemployed-living-off-student-loans kind of gal, I needed to make sure I would actually be saving money. To do this, I needed (damnit) math.
This was the only picture I could find to describe how much I hate math. Math is a monster that I, as a secret math-slaying ninja, must destroy. To do the calculations to see if you will really save that much money for the Savvy Shoppers Club took me HOURS!! HOURS!! (I messed up a lot in the beginning)
Ahem, here goes:
To get your moneys worth ($25 in savings) in one single order, you would need to buy 25 eyeshadows. This would equal $121.50 without savings (including shipping). After the 15% off of the full size shadows ($16.88) and free shipping (saving you $9.00), you would get $25.87 worth of savings. Each shadow would cost you $3.83 and your total cost for 25 pigments would be $95.63.
The best way to save is to buy a few each month. You would only need to buy one shadow per month for a year ($4.50+$2.00 s/h) to get your savings. The free shipping alone ($2 x 12 months = $24) is worth the cost of the club. Each shadow would be $3.82 and you would save total $32.10 (thats $7.10 in savings over the cost of the club).
This is great! I'm totally signing up, not only for the savings but all the other cool stuff that comes with it too. I most certainly can buy at least one shadow a year (or, uh, more!), especially since new collections come out monthly. Also, the 15% off works even when there is a sale, how awesome is that?!
Will you be joining the Savvy Shoppers Sparkle-Approved Discount Club?
Ninja pic is from http://www.flickr.com/photos/bentong/. He is now my favorite ever.